Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya. Add Meat, Seafood, Or Veggies To Zatarain's® Original Jambalaya Mix for A One-Pot Dish. The Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya Recipe: Chicken Chorizo and Prawn Jambalaya. My chicken, chorizo and prawn jambalaya is a quick one-pot dinner with loads of flavour!
Heat half of the butter in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and fry the chicken strips and prawns until they start to colour. For the chicken and prawn Jambalaya, heat the oil in a heavy pan and fry the onion, peppers, chorizo, garlic and celery until translucent. Add the Cajun spice mix, tomato puree and rice and stir well. You can cook Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It's 2 of chicken breasts diced.
- You need 150 g of smoked sausage sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- It's 1 of red pepper diced.
- You need 1 of green pepper diced.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of tomato puree.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- It's 2 of heaped teaspoons smoked paprika.
- It's 200 g of rice.
- It's 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- It's 450 ml of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 150 g of prawns peeled and deveined.
- You need of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chives.
Double-check a piece of chicken to see if the meat. A classic Cajun dish combining the holy trinity of pepper and celery with diced chicken, chorizo, rice and prawns, flavoured with a smoky blend of Chilli Powder, herbs and spices, all cooked in one pan for a really tasty meal for everyone. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until crisp-tender. Add the sausage, broth, tomatoes, green pepper, bay leaf, thyme and cayenne.
Chicken and Prawn Jambalaya step by step
- Place the olive oil in a large pot and gently warm over a medium heat Add in the garlic, tomato puree and chicken Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add in the smoked sausage, onion, peppers, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika Cook for a further 8 minutes Stir in the rice, chopped tomatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes covered or until the rice is tender Season with salt and pepper Stir in the prawns and chives and cook for 5 minutes.
Bring to a boil; add rice. Removed chicken after browning, browned jalepeno sausage and drained fat off then added veggies and sauteed. Didn't need hot sauce (probably b/c of jalapeno sausage); was delicious;-). In addition to tasso ham, white pepper, thyme, sage, garlic, cayenne, and bay leaves plus the Holy Trinity (onion, bell pepper, and celery) flavor this Chicken and Tasso Jambalaya. Some people don't think tomatoes should be in jambalaya, but I like them.