Red Velvet cake. Red velvet cake is traditionally a red, red-brown, crimson or scarlet-colored chocolate layer cake, layered with ermine icing. Traditional recipes do not use food coloring. Red velvet cake is a classic American dessert, but it's becoming more and more popular outside of Although cake flour is usually used for classic red velvet recipes to make it light, I wanted to stick to.
This cake is softer than Putting aside fiddly fancy decorated cakes, Red Velvet Cake is surely one of the most striking and. Red velvet cake has an acidic taste that comes from the use of buttermilk and vinegar as well as the cream cheese in the frosting. The acidity is balanced out by the sweetness of the cake itself. You can have Red Velvet cake using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Red Velvet cake
- You need 1/2 cup of butter or ½ cup margarine.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 3 of large eggs.
- You need of Red food colour.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cocoa.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans (optional).
The only Red Velvet Cake recipe you'll ever need! This is thee red velvet cake you need in your recipe box!! This is my version that I've tested and re-tested and tweaked and perfected. Amazing real red velvet cake recipe.
Red Velvet cake step by step
- Beat butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy gradually add sugar, vinegar and vanilla beat well..
- Add eggs 1at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add food colour, beating until combined.
- Combine flour and the next 3 ingredients; add the butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture..
- Beat at low speed until blended after each addition.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan.
- Bake at 350°c for 20-22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center out clean..
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 5 minutes; remove from pans and cool on wire racks..
One bowl, one spatula, one amazing cake! The cake is very light and delicate and very moist. Remove the cakes from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the sides of the pans. A Red Velvet Cake is instantly recognizable with its bright red color offset by a white Cream Cheese Frosting. There are many theories as to its origin.