Buffalo Chicken Dip. This tangy, creamy dip tastes just like Buffalo chicken wings. It's best served hot with crackers and celery sticks. Buffalo chicken dip can be made using shredded poached chicken, baked chicken breasts or baked chicken thighs, rotisserie chicken, or even leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
If you're a buffalo chicken wing fan, you have to try this buffalo chicken dip recipe! Pop everything in the slow cooker and bring it to a party! It's perfect for sharing with friends and a must for your Superbowl party!! You can cook Buffalo Chicken Dip using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buffalo Chicken Dip
- You need 8 ounce of block of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of blue cheese or ranch dressing.
- Prepare 2 cups of cheddar, pepper-jack, or colby-jack cheese (whatever is prefered or available).
- You need 2 cans of chicken (12.5 ounce size) drained and shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce (Franks or Texas Pete).
I've been making this buffalo chicken dip for years because it's always a hit when I serve it at any party. Buffalo Chicken Dip is a classic American favorite dip. It's full of cheesy goodness, and is always a party favorite. You can use crackers, a sliced baguette, or even celery for dipping.
Buffalo Chicken Dip step by step
- The measurements for the ingredients are mostly a suggestion. Add a little more or less to fit your taste..
- In a mixing bowl stir all ingredients together until well blended..
- Place in baking dish and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. You can also top with additional cheese and let it brown under the broiler for a minute or so..
- Another cooking option is to put it in a crock pot on high for an hour or 2 if you aren't in a hurry for dip. Once it is hot all the way through turn down to low or warm. The tiny side dish/dip size crockpot (2 quart size) is perfect for this..
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes (really, it will burn the heck out of your mouth, so give it a chance to cool off a little), then eat with tortilla chips, fritos scoops, or celery..
Easy Rotisserie Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe - An easy appetizer recipe. Buffalo chicken dip takes the flavors of buffalo chicken wings and transforms them into one tasty party dip: hot sauce, chicken, and a creamy, tangy sauce made with cream cheese, sour cream. Buffalo chicken dip is also one of the easiest Super Bowl appetizers you could make, even easier than making buffalo wings themselves—and it's impossible to mess up. Makes the perfect appetizer to bring to any party. Buffalo chicken dip is the lazy person's trick for serving Buffalo wings for a crowd.