Carrot Cake. I've tried many carrot cakes, and this is my favorite recipe. I feel like carrot cake is a dessert most people tend to only make around Easter. But honestly, carrot cake is such an incredible dessert and I think it should be enjoyed all year long.
Sometimes pecans, pineapple, and shredded coconut is added in the mix. The origins of carrot cake are disputed. How to make carrot cake from scratch. You can cook Carrot Cake using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carrot Cake
- You need of Batter.
- You need 3 cups of grated carrots.
- It's 2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of Mazola oil.
- It's 4 of eggs (unbeaten).
- You need 3 tsp of cinnamon.
- It's 3 cups of sifted flour.
- It's 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 cup of walnuts chopped.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of large package Philadelphia cream cheese.
- It's 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped walnuts for garnish.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
This cake is quick and easy to make, versatile and utterly delicious. It wasn't until recently that we realized just how much we love carrot cake. This truly is the best carrot cake recipe! Whether you want a carrot cake that's dense, moist and full of spice and nuts, or you like Try Rachel Allen's easiest carrot cake loaf for afternoon tea, Dan Lepard's carrot cake cupcakes for Easter, or.
Carrot Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Grate carrots. Squeeze out all liquid using a cheesecloth or clean dish towel..
- In a large mixing bowl, mix carrots, sugar, and oil. Next, beat in eggs. Lastly, mix in dry ingredients..
- Bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour at 350 degrees..
- Frosting: Mix softened butter, vanilla, and cream cheese. Gradually add powdered sugar. Frost cake. Add nuts on top..
This carrot cake cake sets the standard for carrot cakes everywhere. It's deeply moist and filled with toasted pecans. Most of its flavor comes from brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and carrots. With a hint of cinnamon, soft crunch from nuts, ultra moist crumb and piled high with the This Carrot Cake is from a reader, the lovely Dorothy of Tennessee in the States, a long-time. Spoon ¼ of the icing on top and spread in an even layer.