You can have My Toscana using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Toscana
- Prepare 8 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- Prepare 6 cup of water.
- You need 2 lb of Ground Italian Sausage.
- You need 6 of slices bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 5 of medium potatoes, diced.
- It's 2 cup of chopped kale.
- You need 1/2 pints of heavy cream.
My Toscana instructions
- In a large bowl, combine bouillon cubes and water. Set aside..
- In a frying pan, fry bacon until crispy. Remove from pan to paper towels to drain, but keep the grease in your pan! Crumble bacon..
- Dice onion and add to bacon grease. Saute until translucent, about 8-10 mins. Add ground sausage, garlic and crushed red pepper. Cook sausage thoroughly..
- Peel and dice potatoes. At this point, decide what vessel you'll be using to continue cooking. I always throw everything in the crock pot, but a soup pot on the stove works just as well..
- Add sausage mixture into the crock pot, along with the crumbled bacon and potatoes. Pour your bowl of chicken stock from step one into the crock and set it on high for about three hours..
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, your soup is almost done. Wash and chop your kale (or cheat and buy prewashed kale greens at the store). Add to pot and stir. These will take about 10-15 minutes to wilt..
- Finish soup off by adding the heavy cream. Serve with grated Parmesan and some good bread for dipping..