Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake. Yuzu cheesecake (Donal's Asian Baking Adventure)Source: Donal's Asian Baking Adventure. Super easy Blueberry and Yuzu Cheesecake - No bake, no fuss, with an unusual addition to make it irresistibly delicious! Blueberry is one of my favorite fruit, actually, the whole family is nuts for these tiny pretty yummy berries, so we are never short at home.
This fluffy and moist Japanese Cheesecake using meringue is very popular in Japan. It is known as Souffle Cheesecake or Cotton Cheesecake. Cheese lovers should definitely try this recipe! [recipe]. You can have Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake
- It's sheet of Sponge cake.
- It's 4 of yolks.
- It's 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare 40 g of melted butter.
- You need 4 of egg white.
- Prepare 100 g of sugar.
- Prepare 110 g of cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It's of Souffle cheesecake.
- Prepare 250 g of Cream cheese.
- You need 40 g of melted butter.
- You need 2 of yolks.
- Prepare 10 g of sugar.
- You need 10 g of corn starch.
- It's 120 ml of hot milk.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 3 of egg white.
- You need 50 g of sugar.
- You need of Yuzu syrup.
- Prepare of Berries for decoration.
It is known as Souffle Cheesecake or Cotton Cheesecake. Remove the soufflé cheesecake from the pan. They're a bit more effort than regular pancakes so it's the perfect recipe for a special occasion. We've served ours with a yuzu and blueberry syrup.
Yuzu Berries Souffle Cheesecake instructions
- Make sponge cake sheet, beat 4 egg yolks with milk and melted butter.
- Make meringue by beating egg white with sugar until stiff peak is formed..
- Fold in cake flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add in yolks mixture. Fold gently until smooth. Transfer. Cake batter into 2 lbs cake pan lining with parchment paper.
- Bake at 170C for 30 min. Cool down and slide to 3/4 thick sheet. Set aside..
- Make souffle cheesecake batter. Mix cream cheese, vanilla and melted butter, set aside.
- In a sauce pan, mix egg yolks, sugar, corn starch. Add in hot milk slowly. Stir the mixture under low heat until the mixture become thicken..
- Transfer thick mixture from step 7 into creamcheese batter. Mix well until smooth..
- Make meringue by beating egg white and sugar. Fold in meringue into cheesecake batter. Transfer the batter in the mold with sponge cake sheet lined at the bottom. Tap the mold a bit to release air bubble..
- Place cake mold in hot water pan. Bake at 160C for 20 min and 130C for 40 min. Cool down the cake at room temperature and keep in the fridge overnight.
- Top cheesecake with yuzu syrup and berries..
Beat the cottage cheese (quark), cream and milk powder together. Should you wish to make mini strawberry cheesecakes like in the picture, use a cake cutter to cut your desired size. Add fresh strawberries and decorate the plate with puree, meringue, ice cream and sprinkle with crumble. Cotton soft cheesecakes (or soufflé cheesecakes as they are known in Japan) are light, soft and fluffy, with a citrussy Note: If desired, you can glaze the tarts with apricot or yuzu jam. These Japanese-style Souffle Pancakes are incredibly light and fluffy.