Shepherds pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to make into leftover dishes for several days. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
Expect the best shepherd's pie in Singapore. Premium ground beef, fresh local greens and hand-whipped mashed potatoes. Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. You can have Shepherds pie using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherds pie
- You need 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of an onion.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It's of Worchershirer sauce.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- It's of Fresh basil and oregano.
- It's 1 pint of Green beans.
- It's of Carrots (3 or 4 good sized).
- You need 1 pint of Corn.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of melted butter.
- You need Splash of milk and water.
- You need of Cornstarch.
- It's 2 packets of brown gravy.
- You need of Cheese (shredded mexican).
- It's of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley.
- You need of Paprika.
Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face! That saucy, deeply flavourful filling, that creamy potato topping, and that awesome golden cheese. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
Shepherds pie step by step
- Brown meat with herbs,garlic, onions, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Then add the veggies. (cook till veggies are soft).
- Put all in a 9x13 with melted butter and all other ingredients then and the gravy packets some milk and cornstarch. Put cheese on top of the mixture..
- Make mashed potatoes and place on top of cheese. Garnish with paprika and left over parsley..
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd's pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce.