taisen's green bean casserole. Green bean casserole unlike any other! When the cheese has melted, add the green beans, stirring until they are coated. Pour the entire mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
Green bean casserole is a classic American dish that can often be found on holiday dinner tables at Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter, as well as other times throughout the year. It's a beloved casserole favorite that has been diluted over the years to include cans cream of mushroom soup. You can't go wrong with a classic green bean casserole filled with creamy, crunchy goodness. You can cook taisen's green bean casserole using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of taisen's green bean casserole
- Prepare 1 packages of of frozen green beans or fresh if you prefer.
- You need 2 of to 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup.
- It's 1 packages of of fresh mushrooms or canned.
- You need 1 packages of of bacon.
- It's 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of bacon bits if you like.
- You need 1 of butter. 1/2 to 1 stick for the green beans and about 1/2 to mix later.
- It's 1 of milk for the mixing part. just need enough to help make it creamy.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
- Prepare 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare 1 packages of of French onions for the topping or you can substitute with crackers or anything else.
- You need 1 of mozzarella cheese ( about 2 to 3 handfuls).
- Prepare 2 cup of of mild cheddar cheese.
Creamy mushroom sauce surrounded by tender green beans, topped with the crunchy flavor of French's Crispy Fried Onions make this holiday casserole an instant classic. This Healthy Green Bean Casserole recipe is made from scratch with lightened-up ingredients, it's fresh and creamy and crispy, and it is full of the absolute best flavors. A great side dish for a holiday or any day. "Classic" green bean casserole means different things to different people. For some, green bean casserole consists of frozen and canned ingredients, quickly tossed together and baked as the token green vegetable for holiday tables.
taisen's green bean casserole step by step
- take the frozen green beans and put them in a pot with some water, butter ( 1/2 to 1 stick) , bacon bits if desired and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper. cover the pot. put the heat on medium and bring to a boil. cook until you prefer soft or just slight crisp. if using fresh do as you normally do them. the bacon bits can be omitted.
- while the green beans are cooking fry up the bacon. you can do it crispy or softer depending on your taste. set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
- slice or chop up onion and mushroom. fry the mushroom first in a little butter, garlic, salt and pepper. add onion around the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking the mushroom..
- pre heat oven to 350.
- when the green beans are finished drain them. put them into a casserole dish..
- add butter and milk to the green beans. stir. you only need enough to help the cream of mushroom soup to stick and be creamy. you can always do less and add more if needed to desired thickness.
- if there is any liquid in the mushroom and onion drain. add them into the green beans. stir.
- add the cream of mushroom soup. one can at a time stirring after each one. this is where you decide on how soupy this will be..
- add in bacon. you can break it up into small pieces or leave it in longer strips. mix or just lay strips on top.
- cover with foil and stick it in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- pull it out. uncover sprinkle both cheeses. re cover and put it back in the oven for about 15 minutes..
- pull it out again. uncover add french onions on top and bake for just a few minutes..
- serve with dinner.
This from-scratch green bean casserole recipe is a cinch and can be made ahead of time.and can be adapted however you'd like. The green bean casserole world is your oyster. You'll need them for the dressing. But that's another story for another time. Grandma's Easy Green Bean Casserole + Leftover Green Bean Casserole FrittataKim's Cravings.