Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta. Agrodolce means "sweet and sour" in Italian--here, the golden raisins and red wine vinegar in the sauce. Both cut through the rich chicken thighs and the creamy polenta. Classically Italian and wholly comforting, this rustic chicken, tomato and vegetables braise feels special enough to serve at a dinner party without being fussy or complicated.
Fill shallow bowls with polenta Top with chicken, spoon extra sauce over chicken and garnish with some torn basil leaves. Juicy seared chicken thighs topped with crispy pancetta, and sweet garlic served alongside creamy garlic and white cheddar polenta. A creamy polenta recipe with Parmesan cheese. You can cook Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It's 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder or 1 clove garlic crushed.
- You need 160 g of cherry tomatoes.
- You need 60 g of pitted green olives (from a jar is fine).
- Prepare of Salt & pepper.
- It's 80 g of polenta.
- You need 500 ml of hot vegetable stock.
- It's 20 g of butter.
- Prepare 30 g of grated parmesan.
It's simple, soft and so delicious! Polenta is an Italian dish, basically a porridge or mush, made with a type of ground corn (cornmeal) Absolutely perfect! I did use half homemade chicken broth with half water then followed the rest of your recipe. Polenta is a creamy and satisfying dish that goes perfectly with beef, pork, or chicken.
Italian Chicken with Creamy Polenta step by step
- Place the chicken into a zip top plastic bag. Put the oil, herbs & garlic powder/fresh garlic into a jug & mix well. Pour the mixture into the bag with the chicken & seal it up. Tip the bag to make sure the chicken gets well covered. Put the bag in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight if you can. Pre-heat the oven to 180 Fan/Gas 6/200C. Remove the chicken from the fridge & transfer it from the bag into a roasting tin or dish..
- Scatter the tomatoes & olives (if using) around the chicken then drizzle the remaining marinade form the bag over the chicken. Cover the tin with foil & place in the oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove the foil from the tin & place it back in the oven to cook for a further 20 minutes..
- Make the polenta.Pour the hot stock into a saucepan over a medium heat & bring to a boil. Add the polenta stirring constantly with a whisk. Once the polenta has thickened turn the heat down to low cover & leave to cook for 30 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to stir. Remove from the heat & stir in the butter & cheese & a pinch of pepper..
- Serve with the chicken..
Our recipe starts with polenta that is already prepared. Polenta is a traditional side dish both in the southern U. It's made by simmering coarsely ground cornmeal until the natural starches. The ultimate comfort food, hearty chicken cacciatore with creamy polenta. A high protein recipe that's ready in less Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and pour in polenta in a steady stream, stirring constantly.