Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow).
You can cook Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow) using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow)
- It's of Minced Meat/ Ground Meat- About 500g should be okay, any mince is fine I like using Pork.
- It's of Lots of Garlic- Probably a whole head if that's what it's called.
- It's of Chillis (I always use Birds Eye chillis)- Use as many as you like. You know what you can handle.
- You need 1-2 sticks of Lemongrass- About.
- You need of Holy or Thai Basil- A handful of the leaves.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- It's 2 tbsp of Oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce-.
Spicy Thai Basil Stir-fry (Pad Kapow) instructions
- Start by peeling the head garlic. It's an annoying job and what I usually just do is crush it then the skin comes straight off, it doesn't really matter that we're crushing it because we're going to chop it anyway..
- Cut the stem off the chillis and roughing chop them up but not too finely..
- Cut the lemongrass in half and roughly chop that too..
- Combine the lemongrass, chilli and garlic and start mincing them all together until they're all roughly the same size pieces, put it into a bowl and it's time to cook!.
- On medium heat pour your oil and add the mixture we minced earlier, don't fry too much just gently heat up until fragrant..
- Before everything starts crisping up and browning add the meat, turn the heat up to mid/high and begin stir-frying until the minced pork has cooked..
- Now it's time to add everything else, pour the light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, a spoon of sugar and keep stir-frying..
- Now depending on what kind of basil you bought this can go either way. If you bought the frozen basil put the cubes in and keep stir-frying until they've defrosted and you can smell the basil-y aroma. If you have fresh basil which I recommend getting then turn off the heat and add your basil leaves no stems they're way too firm and give it a little toss and you're done..
- Serve with rice and a fried egg and you're done!.