POLENTA CHIPS. If you make polenta regularly you might have noticed the crust that remains on the bottom and the walls of your pot after you have eaten the polenta. Polenta chips - as delicious as a fried carb can be, or an offence to all decent potato-based versions? And, for the open minded among you, which other alternatives to the traditional spud are worth a try?
Baked Polenta Chips with Chilli Salsa Verde. These polenta chips are definitely a winner and are handy to have on hand to serve to guests who pop around for a drink. Everybody likes chips, but if you're looking for something that isn't as bad for you as the takeaway chips at the corner ship, these simple Rosemary & Parmesan Baked Polenta Chips are the way to go. You can have POLENTA CHIPS using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of POLENTA CHIPS
- It's 1 cup of polenta.
- It's 1 of litre vegetable stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated (optional) to keep vegan.
- Prepare of cornflour.
- You need 2 of cookie trays.
Polenta chips are one of my all-time favourite foods. How To Make Thermomix Polenta Chips. Slice the tube of polenta in half lengthwise, then slice each half in half lengthwise. Polenta (cornmeal) is rather strange looking stuff and the instant kind, when boiled up, looks a bit like mashed potato.
POLENTA CHIPS instructions
- Medium pot on med-high heat. Add veggie stock, bring to the boil. Add the polenta. Stir continuously for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add parmesan cheese (optional) mix well. Stand for 5 minutes..
- Butter the trays and line with baking paper. Once the polenta has cooled, pour half the polenta over one of the trays, spread evenly. Do the same with the other tray. Place in the fridge overnight or for 4 hours to firm up..
- Remove from the fridge. Flip tray over on the bench. Peel off the baking paper. Cut polenta into your desired chip size..
- In a bowl, add the cornflour. In batches, roll the chips in the cornflour (this makes them crispy). Remove and gently shake excess flour off. Cook in deep fryer or in a shallow fryer in a pot on the stove or in the oven, until golden brown and crunchy. Serve immediately..
But when set into a square and cut in to 'chips' it starts to turn in to something rather. Serve these chips with sweet chilli sauce and I dare you to stop at one. I have a pantry full of polenta at the moment. I purchased a large quantity in my last food co-op order. These polenta chips are super easy to make and so delicious.