Crème Brulée. You can hardly beat a classic Crème Brûlée during the summer. It's creamy, elegant, refreshing and the crispy caramelized crust on top is simply divine. At its most basic, creme brulee is a creamy, pudding-like, baked custard with a brittle top of melted sugar that cracks when you gently tap it with a spoon.
For the richest flavor, though, I suggest using cream only. Crème brûlée is a simple dessert, but that doesn't mean it's easy to make a perfect one. Learn the secrets of making silky smooth creme brulee at home. You can have Crème Brulée using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crème Brulée
- It's 5 of egg yolks.
- You need 100 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of whipped cream.
- It's 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar, granulated white, for the caramelized top.
I will never forget the first time I made Creme Brûlée because I was so astounded how easy it was. Borrowed from French crème brûlée (literally "burnt cream"). IPA(key): /kɹɛm bɹuˈleɪ/. crème brûlée (countable and uncountable, plural crème brûlées or crèmes brûlées or crèmes brûlée). A dessert of custard, covered by a brittle layer of browned sugar.
Crème Brulée step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix the egg yolks and the sugar until you get a fluffy and pale yellow mixture..
- Add in vanilla extract and mix well..
- Slowly add in the whipping cream and whisk until well blended..
- Pour the cream mixture into ramekins or custard cups and bake in the oven for about 1 hour..
- Remove and allow to cool at room temperature. Then refrigerate for about 2 hours, until it holds together..
- To serve, sprinkle evenly 2 teaspoons of sugar over each custard cup, then caramelize it either by using a blow torch or by placing the ramekins under a broiler for about 5 minutes, until the top turns golden. While broiling, rotate frequently the ramekins so that they are evenly cooked from all sides..
- Leave to cool for few minutes then serve..
To check, gently sway the roasting tin and if the crème brûlées are ready, they will wobble a bit like a jelly in the middle. The silky texture and rich vanilla flavor make this taste restaurant quality. Grab your spoon, crack through the burnt-sugar. Creme Brulee Fun Facts: Creme Brulee (also known as burnt cream, crema catalana, or Trinity cream) is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel. When I visited Paris for the first time, I told my best friend that we were going to have to go somewhere to eat this famous dessert.