"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos. Great recipe for "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos. These might be my favorite tacos ever! Sweet and savory with a spicy kick.
Rub pork chops and onion with oil and sprinkle with salt. So, there you have it folks, a Hawaiian Kalua Pork Taco with Pineapple Salsa. How to Make Hawaiian Pork Tacos. You can have "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of "Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos
- It's 1 lb of cooked pulled pork.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pineapple.
- Prepare of (16) 4"to 5" corn tortillas.
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- It's 1/4 cup of peach preserves.
- It's 1 tbsp of habanero hot sauce.
- Prepare of Slaw.
- It's 1/2 of Green cabbage, finely shredded.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small purple onion, finely sliced.
- It's 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 3 tsp of sherry or dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of kosher or sea salt.
- Prepare of Optional Garnish.
- You need of Avocado.
- Prepare of Carrot tops (or cilantro), chopped.
- Prepare of Tajin fruit seasoning (in the Mexican isle at most grocers).
Hawaiian Pulled Pork Tacos with Mango Salsa. This weekend, life threw a few curveballs at me. First, that wine and meatballs are a perfectly acceptable dinner. The salted caramel really compliments the crispness.
"Hawaiian" pulled pork street tacos instructions
- Start by assembling the slaw in a mixing bowl, and set aside to marinate..
- Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl..
- Combine the cooked pork with the pineapple..
- Lightly oil a comal or a skillet and preheat on medium. Warm the tortillas for 10 to 20 seconds each side and transfer to a warmer. Add oil to the pan as needed..
- Assemble the tacos, starting with the pineapple pork mixture, then the slaw, then top with sauce and garnish..
Whisk together the pork "sauce" ingredients in a medium bowl (liquid smoke, hoisin, soy sauce, rice vinegar, crushed pineapple, pineapple preserves, garlic powder, and black pepper). Why should bread have all the fun? Our new Sweet Hawaiian Street Tacos pack big island flavor in a small street taco size. These tasty flour tortillas are perfectly sweet and super soft. Try with some pulled pork and pineapple for a tropical-twist on taco night.